In my last post I was in love with my muffin pan. Well, it got kinky, and made some mini upside down pineapple cakes that are so delicious.
While these turned out wonderfully, there were a few quirks along the way.
1. I used a 20oz can of pineapple slices.
2. I used a small can of dole pineapple juice to make up the rest of the needed juice.
3. The slices were too big for my muffin holds so I did have to break them apart to fit. You could just use crushed pineapple.
4. In the middle of making this, I was distracted by my 10 year old daughter who was working on her science project research and had questions, and I mention this because, the oil was left out. Which in the end did not alter the yummy result best I could tell.
5. I did fill each muffin hold to the top. I still had batter leftover, so I pulled out a 8×8 and poured in the rest of the finger licking batter and put it in the oven. Before adding the batter this is when I realized I had left out the oil and did add a little to the remainder batter.
6 The cakes were done in 15-20 minutes.
7. They were served as dessert last night and the family really raved. It was delicious. Tonight we had them again, I mean there are 3 of us and 12 mini cakes, and a 8×8 cake, so yup we have at least one more night to go. Tonight I topped them with cool whip and a extra cherry and they were just as delicious as last night.
So this one definitely will make a repeat visit to my house. I also remembered to take a picture – yay me!!!